Monday, February 6, 2012
Seaside
This past weekend we had a wonderful trip to the Oregon coast! Tyler and I have made many day trips there, but never spent an entire weekend truly soaking up the fun. We decided to stay in Seaside this time since we typically visit Cannon Beach and wanted to see what else the coast has to offer.
We saw this awesome sting ray washed up on the beach. Gross, yet fascinating.
Oh, we brought Chloe with us. Yep, we're those kind of people. How could we leave her home while we go out and have fun?! She had a blast and loved the other dogs on the beach, the seagulls, and stopping to smell the seashells.
I had only 2 requirements for this trip: to eat Mo's clam chowder, and to buy earrings. I neglected to take a picture of my delicious chowder, but trust me, it was amazing. By far the best clam chowder I've ever had in my life!
The second requirement is my self-imposed attempt at creating traditions. Hear me out now. Whenever we go somewhere together, I want to buy earrings to remember the trip by. It all started with our first trip to Seattle where I picked up some earrings at Pike's. I now have a tiny little collection of earrings that bring fond memories of our travels whenever I wear them. It also helps when friends bring me back earrings from their cool trips (Hawaii, London) to reinforce my new tradition. :)
I guess I also had the requirement to watch the sunset at least one night we were there. We truly lucked out with gorgeous weather with clear blue skies and only a light wind. This is not the Oregon coast I know!
Some would call the trip uneventful. Boring even. But we loved the laidback nature of it. We weren't rushing to go do this or that or try something out. Our style of travel is to make a huge list of all we want to do, knowing full well we won't be able to do it all, and pick and choose which items we want to cross off when we feel like it. This trip, we were content to walk the Promenade in Seaside, and drive to Cannon Beach for Mo's and wave watching. We really just walked up and down and up and down the coast with Chloe, enjoying the salty wind and sunshine. It was a much needed break from life, just spending time together in a beautiful location. Can't wait to go back again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Yay! You have a blog. :) Beautiful photos! I love the coast! We'll have to plan a trip out together sometime.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a lot of fun! I have been wanting to go to the beach again myself. With such mild weather I guess we could just go now but I think I just might wait until spring...who knows!
ReplyDelete