Thursday, February 9, 2012

Holy Mole-y

It would appear that we have a mole living in our front yard. Yes, a mole. The creatures that inspired the Whack-A-Mole game at Chuck E Cheese. I honestly have no idea what to do with a mole. I never thought those would be a problem in my front yard. I thought it would be something that people who live in the country, not suburban housing subdivisions, worry about.

But alas, I have such luck. You see, here is the evidence that led Tyler to conclude we have mole(s) living in our yard.

Now, for months we've had the upturned soil along the curb. We always just figured that because our yard is on a slope, the soil eroded down there with the help of gravity. Our house is on a corner, it makes sense that none of the other houses in our neighborhood had this problem since ours was the highest and had more soil that the others.

Then last week these little beauties popped up: holes. Right smack dab in the middle of the yard. After quickly verifying that the other spouse didn't create said holes, we realized something was not right. Tyler investigated and feels like the ground isn't completely stable; he thinks there are tunnels below the grass from some sort of critter. Enter: moles.



So yeah, we have a mole problem. Who knows how long they've been living here, since we've been assuming wrong the past few months. And the HOA mows our front yard, so we rarely tend to it. What do you do to get rid of moles? We are open to any/all suggestions!

1 comment:

  1. We get gophers ALL the time back home. My dad has tried just about every method--putting a hose down the hole to drown them, traps, poison...I think the traps worked the best. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete