So, call me crazy, but in December I ordered 40 lbs of ground beef. Yes, 40 lbs.
Where can you buy 40 lbs of beef? I bought mine from Zaycon foods, a northwest based company. (But they deliver all over the country! Check out the website to see if they are near you.) They are pretty much an amazing company. They sell in bulk (ie 40 lbs) straight to you. No grocery store prices, no wondering how old your food is, and high quality products. They sell fresh boneless skinless chicken breasts (my 40 lbs is coming this week!), ground beef, bacon, fish, and even produce that I am eager to try this summer. The ground beef we bought is 93% lean and is honestly the best tasting ground beef I've ever had. And it's not dry like super lean ground beef can get. It's delicious (and that's not normally a word I use to describe ground beef). And at $2.89/lb, we were sold. Cheaper than Costco, better tasting, and leaner beef.
What does 40 lbs of ground beef look like you may ask? Why, let me show you!
I know, I know, it looks absolutely disgusting. Don't judge me.
One of my baskets o' ground beef.
In the upper basket on the right you can see some of my cooked taco meat in ziploc bags.
So now I'm in need of ground beef dinner recipes. Shepherd's pie, lasagna, all things taco, and of course Hamburger Helper have become routines at out house now. What else do you guys use ground beef for? Recipes/suggestions are always welcome!





Our favorite recipe is Shepherd's Pie from Sunny Anderson on foodnetwork.com. It is the bomb-dot-com and is (my) Tyler's favorite meal! Plus, it's got lots of veggies in there too.
ReplyDelete