Monday, January 23, 2012

Hooray!

***Old post I found in my blog list. . . apparently didn't hit the "publish" button like I thought I did. So here ya go, just a few months late. Sorry.***

Today was awesome. Like, really awesome. I don't have to work tonight, hence the blog post at a late hour to help me stay awake and not mess up my new sleep schedule.

I started off being on edge most of the day, tired, cranky, and slightly hormonal. I was only able to sleep 3 hours before I had to be up again for Tyler's follow up cancer appointment. Hence the reason for the crankiness.

Well, the Doctor said that everything looks great now! The enlarged lymph node that showed spread is now back to normal size, the blood tumor markers are in a normal range, and no signs of cancer remain in Tyler's body. Hooray! As soon as we left the building, I just broke down and cried with relief/joy that this is finally over. I honestly can't believe how lucky we are. As we left the doctor's office, the nurse who has worked with us since day 1 asked if she will be seeing us again. We happily replied that we wouldn't, that everything looks good and no more treatments will be necessary. In the waiting room, she did a happy dance and hugged us to celebrate the news. I felt slightly awkward celebrating in the waiting room in front of other patients who might not have such a happy outcome, but then I realized that this might give them hope for a positive future too.

I'm so grateful for such a wonderful support system throughout all of this. From the medical staff at the radiation center, to the prayers in our behalf, to the cards and well wishes we received, we feel so fortunate to have so many people who care about us. I feel so loved and cared for, especially from my Heavenly Father. I guarantee I wouldn't have made it through this trial without His hand guiding and strengthening us through it. I have never felt closer to Him than I do now after this experience. For anyone going through anything even remotely difficult, I can attest that Heavenly Father does hear and answer your prayers, you must ask for His help and it will come. For us, it was answered through the love and affection of others around us.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear this! I've been wondering for a while now how things were going. Sorry I haven't written you a letter lately...things got crazy with the holidays and I just haven't gotten back into the groove of things. I'm a lame face, I know. I love ya, dear and I am so glad to hear that all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn!! Oh this makes me smile so big. You're a strong woman and wife and I just love you so much! Keep updating I miss you :)

    ReplyDelete