I tossed around the idea of yellow or white curtains. Then I went out searching for curtains. Holy moly! They are expensive! Discount stores had more reasonably priced ones, but not in any color that I wanted. Enter frustration.
So I searched online for window treatments that didn't cost me my leg. I ran across the idea for curtains made out of flat sheets. Brilliant! I went to Target and discovered that since it's dorm room decorating season, bedding was on sale! $5 for a flat sheet! I snatched up two, then headed for Ross for a cheap curtain rod and curtain clips.
After washing and ironing my sheets (which, by the way, is probably the only time in my life I will ever iron bedsheets) I hastily hung up my sheets as curtains (hence the not-so-evenly-placed-curtain rings). Clearly, they need hemming, and I'm trying to decide if I want to take the lazy way (AKA iron on hem strips) or the scary way (AKA actually try to use my sewing machine and attempt a straight hem). My sewing confidence is about a 2/10. I'm gonna leave the curtains as is for now, and after I attempt to sew my Kate Middleton dress I might have the courage to hem the curtains properly.
What do ya think? Since the curtains didn't cost me an arm and a leg, I'm inclined to switch them out with something a little more sophisticated should I see something that catches my eye. But I'm rather proud of my




They look good. I want curtains...I'm uber jealous!
ReplyDeleteGood choice on the white. It's so clean and crisp and bright and fits any time of the year.
They looks great! And I bet you can sew a straight line, Robyn. C'mon. :)
ReplyDeleteI am thinking about hanging curtains but since we are here semi-temporarily (1 year is temporary for us) I don't know if I want to spend the time and money on it. Ah, well...who knows. But yours look great! I will admire them from afar.