Basically it is a collage of the mementos from our dating days. I've been keeping this stuff forever in a folder, unbeknownst to Tyler. I think I was saving them for the day I became a scrapbooker, but I know that will never happen. And I thought that these "artifacts" deserved some TLC instead of being shoved in the filing cabinet. So I got my craft on. I made these collages to fit in this pack of frames I picked up on clearance forever ago.
Tyler loved it. He was completely shocked that I would save half of the things I did. But seriously, how could I throw away the movie tickets from our first date as boyfriend/girlfriend? And how could I throw away the bag from Kay Jewelers where he bought me pearl earrings? And the program from the play we saw on the night we got engaged? We have a lot of sweet memories jam packed into these frames, and we love em. And now we have something to put on the wall!
Oh, and the big S is something I made out of scrapbook paper. I just found a font that I liked and printed off an S in the largest size possible that would fit on a piece of paper. It was my pattern to cut the S out of scrapbook paper and I glued it onto white paper. Voila! Instant art.
We're pretty pleased with something being put on our blank wall. Problem is, we have blank walls in our bedroom too, and I'm wondering if this belongs there because it is more of a sentimental collage. Thoughts? For now it's staying in the living room because I'm so happy to have something up on that wall and I don't know what else to put there. But once I focus on our bedroom, I may have to do some rearranging.

Oh my gosh, those are SO cute!!! You are amazing!!
ReplyDelete