We learned a very important lesson that day. When you arrive to church late and scram to find an open seat it is most important that you sit next to a cute little family with kids who are avid crayon/coloring book fiends. We sat next to a 4 year old girl who was coloring, and she was so excited when Tyler sat next to her that she promptly gave him a page from her book and a crayon and told him to color with her. Basically, it was the best day of church ever for Tyler, who got to color all during Sacrament Meeting with an adorably cute 3 year old boy and 4 year old girl.
We got home and had a relaxing afternoon together, watching movies and snuggling/napping on the couch. Then we had Tyler's requested birthday dinner: steak and baked potatoes. Man food, right? It was glorious. Then I started working on assembling the cake I baked earlier and frosting it. It was heaven. Oh, and the cake is the same homemade recipe that Tyler used when he baked me a cake when we first started dating. Seriously, it won my heart over. What guy bakes a cake for a girl just because? I swooned and fell for him HARD that day. It was only fair I try my hand at baking this cake. And it turned out beautifully! I bought round cake pans specifically for this day and they are wonderful.
Then we opened presents. Tools and clothing. . . what every 26 year old wants, right? More on my gift to him tomorrow.
Apologies for the crap pictures. . . cell phone camera + rushing for a pic before guests arrived = horrible picture
Apologies for the crap pictures. . . cell phone camera + rushing for a pic before guests arrived = horrible picture
Then we had friends over for cake and ice cream. We had such a great time having people over! It's so nice to have people fill up our house! We had a blast with friends and playing with their kids (Tyler played hide and seek for about an hour with them in our backyard. . . I think that was the best present he could have received!). All in all, it was a wonderful day that we really enjoyed, despite the lack of pictures. Seriously, I think it was one of the best birthdays yet. I hope they keep getting better and better!

No comments:
Post a Comment