This weekend Tyler and I went up to Seattle to visit my brother Derek and his wife Nicole. We crossed this bridge to get there (see above image). The bridge used to look like this:
But I digress. We went to see Nicole's play Little Women. She was Meg and she was phenomenal! I have such a talented sister-in-law! Here she is with her "sisters"

For the play they went all out with hoop skirts and snoods. (Note, a snood is "a net or fabric bag pinned or tied on at the back of a woman's head for holding the hair." Yeah, I didn't know that either until Nikki told me). It was very well done and I can't wait to head back up there for more plays (and hopefully they'll have more snoods).
We primarily came up to see the play and visit with them. It was so nice to get out of town for a while and we really enjoyed the trip. Tyler hadn't really spent any time with them and they were able to get to know him a little better. We also had fun with Winston, Derek and Nicole's dog. He is such a cuddly little fireball! How can you not love a cute face like that?
It was a great weekend of visiting with family. We were glad we had the opportunity to go and view the beautiful autumn trees. We were especially glad the bridge didn't collapse on us too.


I'm so jealous! I love Seattle. I guess you didn't really see it, but getting out of town sounds perfect right now! I just took a midterm and I think my hand is going to fall off for writing so much! You still up for quiting school and moving to Hawaii? I saw a rich-looking old lady in the grocery store the other day...wink, wink
ReplyDelete