Sunday, October 4, 2009

Zoo, Cheese, and Beach

Having lived in Oregon for a few months now, we've seen a few of the sights the Portland area has to offer. We made a quick trip to an airplane museum and here is Tyler standing next to an F-14. Note the "rescue" arrow pointed at him.

A quick trip to the Oregon coast on Labor Day weekend. It was a beautiful day with gorgeous weather!


Apparently these rocks solidify that this is a true Oregon beach, not just any beach. The rocks I've seen in California would have been clearly, uh "marked" for lack of a better word, by the seagulls.


Here we see the Tillamook Cheese Factory. Unfortunately, they were out of squeaky cheese that day. Did you know that they process 8 million gallons of milk there per day?



For Tyler's birthday we went to a Portland Beavers game. It was lots of fun, especially since it was Boy Scout night and cub scouts in uniform were all around our area. See the kid in uniform in the picture above? Note to self: never waste money on a polish dog again.


At the Portland zoo now. Sporting our Cougar pride. . Go BYU!

The chimpanzees were just so darn cute! Look at that face!



The giraffes are my favorite animal at the zoo. Unfortunately, my camera was unable to capture the true height of said creature.

We've really been more places, we just forget the camera. There are more airplane museums in our future and there better be squeaky cheese next time we hit the cheese factory.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous you're in Oregon and I'm not!! I miss it so much! It's so cool that I know where all your pictures were taken!

    ReplyDelete