Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Autumn


I love Fall. It's such a great time of year when the air gets chilly, cocoa mugs are dusted off, sweaters are worn again, and, the best part of all, you get to crunch all the leaves on the ground.

Unfortunately, in the Northwest, Autumn is a little bit different.

Here, October marks the beginning of the rainy season. Now, I was forewarned about this, and fully prepared for the frizzy hair and wet socks. What no one told me was that all of the leaves get wet too. What is the point of having all of the leaves fall off the trees when you can't crunch them?! They are soggy leaves that never fully dry out. Instead they stick to your wet car, your wet shoes, and your wet porch. No pleasurable crunching sound. Instead all you get is a wet shoe (and potentially sock depending on the footwear).

I think I'm going through leaf crunching withdrawals.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no!!! I have been greatly enjoying the leaf crunching and I often think of you when I get a really nice and crunchy one and how you and I used to fight over leaves that looked particularily crunchy! I am so sorry that you cannot enjoy all the leaves. :(

    ReplyDelete