Today I purchased my graduation dress. It was actually a spur of the moment decision and I may return it if in the next week I do not like it. As a woman I am entitled to do such things.
I left the store thinking that this is a "Michelle Obama" dress (and that's not just because the model is black; I did not see the model until just now when I looked up a picture of the dress online). Classy, fun, and able to show off her ridiculously toned arms (*note: I do NOT have Michelle Obama arms, only a Michelle Obama dress. Never in my life will I likely ever achieve Obama arms. . . Obamarms?).
Tyler did not understand what a "Michelle Obama" dress meant and I had to inform him how she is the most stylish First Lady since Jackie O. Anyway, opinions please friends. Yes to the belt? White or black to cover my arms (you know, since I don't have Obamarms)?
Monday, March 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I like it but it seems short. I would do a white sweater of some sort because black might be too bumblebee-ish though I do think that black would be more flattering.
ReplyDeleteI want to get a graduation dress too but I don't know if that's going to happen...we're poor...ha ha ha.
I like the dress a lot! I think a cute gray sweater would be good for spring. I love gray and yellow together. Congrats on graduating!
ReplyDeleteWhat day are you graduating?
ReplyDeleteChelsea - don't worry, the dress is long enough. I had to go up a size to cover my ahem, abnormally large chest, which gives me more fabric for length.
ReplyDeleteEmily - I hadn't considered gray, but I'm loving that idea! I just might have to go find a cute gray cardigan now. . . :)
Kim - April 30th! So incredibly excited!
Super cute dress! With the black belt I would not go with the white cardigan, the black would go better. but your friend Chelsea has a point about the bee issue. maybe a black one with some sort of print on it would work?
ReplyDeleteYay for graduation! so excited for you!! :)
xoxo