I never thought in a million years I'd say this, but the day has come. I miss BYU's testing center. Yes is stinks the waiting in line to take you test. And finals certainly are another adventure in waiting. And the only empty desk in the Testing Center always seems to be next to some "fragrant" individual. I do not miss these things at all.
I do miss the ability to choose when I take my test. I miss procrastinating taking the test all day so that I can study. I miss choosing whether or not I want to see my test score on that wretched television, all the while knowing that when I do get the nerve I can find out my score online. I miss professors taking the day off from lecturing so we can study for the test.
You see, at my current school, we have to take tests during class time, which is 8:30 AM. No more studying all day for the test.
But the thing I miss the most about the testing center? Free scantrons. It seems cruel to make students purchase an instrument that inflicts so much torture. As if we have time to study and buy our own scantrons!
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ha ha ha, this made me laugh. Here I am, grateful that in the past year and a half I have only had to visit the testing center 3 times and you are missing it. He he...I guess we are opposites, I prefer taking tests in class...no chance to procrastinate; you just get it done. Good luck with your tests though! And I'm sorry you miss the testing center and the stress you can cut with a knife in there and all the people saying frantic prayers.
ReplyDelete