Apologies for the poor upkeep of the blog. It seems I do not know how to
work full time, run our household, and update a blog. Here are a few
little snippets of what has been going on at the Smith household:

First off, Robyn got her craft on. My awesome visiting teacher gave me the cute little wooden pumpkin in the middle, and then later brought by dessert in mason jars with the orange fabric top to celebrate surviving my first day of work! I thought her craftiness deserved a little display, so I bought fake pumpkins to fill my cookie jar. I bought some pretty ribbon to tie to the top, and repurposed the orange fabric over existing jars of my strawberry jam. And voila! Centerpiece!
Next on the list, Tyler and I bought a puzzle on a whim. We wanted something to do together that didn't involve one of us losing. Turns out, we both lose. To Chloe. Apparently puzzle pieces = dog treats every time one falls to the floor. We now have a 990 piece puzzle thanks to our "helpful" dog.
Next up I made these super scary ghosts for a youth fireside. Basically, they are frozen bananas, cut in half, dipped in white chocolate and given mini choc chip eyes and raisin mouths. I only made the ghosts, not the graveyard. But the whole thing together looks pretty legit, right?
Today is the first day of November, which means it's gratitude month! I made this lovely gratitude jar (ok, vase) for us to record one thing we are grateful for each day of the month. Then on Thanksgiving, we will read all of the slips and see who wrote something every day. The winner gets a prize! Oh how I love family traditions! (don't you love how I tie a ribbon on something and it suddenly has a purpose and I "made" it? Be impressed with my mad skills)
Lastly we have one of the shelves in my pantry that makes me happy. I made some more applesauce/apple butter this weekend which has caused my jam/spread collection in my pantry to become even bigger. The applesauce in quart jars is not shown, but that part of the pantry makes me smile just as much. And this doesn't even include the freezer jams I have made too!
I will try to be better at updating this here blog, but I'm now working nights. 5 days a week. Not sure how I'll be able to handle this huge change. Any ideas for adjusting to this new schedule? Or things to do while the world sleeps?





I'm glad to see you blogging! Looks like you have lots to keep you busy. Good luck with working nights...that doesn't sound like too much fun...
ReplyDeletePS: love the gratitude jar idea...just might borrow that from you ;)