
I proceeded to freeze all of the blueberries because we have a thing for blueberry muffins in the wintertime and make them like every other weekend. I also froze the raspberries.

Then I went raspberry picking again because I wanted jam. And voila! Here is my cooked raspberry jam. There is also a batch of freezer jam I made, but didn't snap a picture because it was in the freezer before I remembered. And I'm kinda lazy.

This weekend, apricots are supposed to be available! If they are reasonably priced, I will try my hand a canning fruit and possibly making a batch of apricot butter. I swear, I really love canning and it's such a fun hobby! I love looking at my batches at the end of the day!
P.S. Pint jars are easier and faster to fill with jam, but the final result is not as impressive as using half pints. If you want to go with the volume factor of "look how much I made today!" then stick with the 8 oz jelly jars. I realize my raspberry jam doesn't look as awesome as the strawberry jam I made earlier, but it's the same amount!

No comments:
Post a Comment