Friday, July 29, 2011

Domestic Goddess: Part 5

Technically this one is a work in progress, I haven't actually done it yet, but I have the supplies and I'm working on getting the courage to follow through. My friend from church recently taught herself how to sew. She is unbelievable! She comes to church wearing fabulous dresses she made herself! I told her how I'd love to be able to do that, so she said she'd teach me! We went to Fabric Depot this week (AKA every fabric imaginable under the sun available here) where I purchased this fabric.


Isn't it pretty? And being 40% off, it became even more beautiful. And it kept calling me back to touch it again. I figured, I had to buy it. Now I need to figure out what to turn it into! I'm thinking of doing a dress, so off to find patterns of dresses I like. Enter this number:


Seriously, there is a Kate Middleton engagement dress pattern? Haha, I laughed so hard when I saw this, how the model has long brown wavy hair and has a huge blue diamond ring on. I laughed and proceeded to look at other dresses. However, this one also kept calling me back! And it turns out, the fabric I purchased goes along best with this pattern. So my friends, I will be attempting to sew this dress! I am terrified beyond belief and way out of my comfort zone. I'll let you know how it all turns out!

P.S. Should I do the V-neck shown for Kate Middleton's dress? Or turn it into a cowl neck? I really love cowl necks, but I'm afraid of drawing attention to my, er, chest. Ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Keep the V-neck. And don't worry, the sewing part is the easy part. It's trying to understand the pattern and the cutting that's the confusing and not-so-fun part.

    ReplyDelete