Monday, July 18, 2011

Domestic Goddess: Part 1

So I've been trying to keep myself occupied while Tyler went and got cancer. You know, gotta find something to do or else I will go crazy looking up cancer statistics in my nursing textbooks. So I started off with strawberry picking. We went to a little farm and picked the smallest strawberries I have ever seen. Seriously. Take a look.



But then I went a step further and transformed these little beauties into this.

Both traditional strawberry jam with a water bath canner, and freezer jam. Tyler and I had a little taste test following both batches and concluded that traditional strawberry jam is much better than the freezer stuff! It isn't nearly as sweet which makes you want more without feeling sick. Although Tyler ate both right out of the jar, plain, so he's pretty happy with both batches. And I must say that freezer jam is ridiculously easy, so I might be more likely to do that in the future. But I can't wait for raspberries and blueberries to ripen so I can make even more jam!

1 comment:

  1. You should post your jam recipes so we can partake of the goodness!! And where is this wonderful farm????

    ReplyDelete