Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Dear Nursing School. . .

We've had a long run. A really long run in fact. Actually, I have been with you longer than I have been with my husband. You dragged me out of bed before the sunrise for clinicals. You kept me up late writing care plans.

We had our good times. Our first successful IV start. Placing NG tubes. Witnessing the miracle of birth. Wonderful friends. Watching surgeries. That whole being proposed to during clinicals situation.

But we also had our bad times. Exams. Suppositories. Afterbirth. Suppositories. Horny old men. Suppositories. And rectal tubes.

Oh nursing school, I have learned so much during my time with you. But you see, today I am done with you. Today my last assignment is due, and I have my last lecture. My nursing finals are all complete. It's time for me to move on in my life. And graduate next week. And take the NCLEX. And find a big girl job. And never wear white scrub tops ever again.
You were good to me. And I was pretty good with you (can you say Magna Cum Laude?!). We had our happy times and our sad times. Thank you for the wonderful times together.

Love,
Robyn, soon to be RN, BSN

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats Robyn!! You will be a great nurse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH congratulations!! You have worked so hard for this!!! :) Seriously, I can't stop smiling. I wish I could give you a big hug right now.

    I love you, Robyn.

    ReplyDelete