I was really excited for the basil, but it too had the same fate as the chives.
The parsley didn't even sprout at all.
But perhaps the cilantro was the most disastrous. It looks so incredibly pathetic.Anyway, I'm going through a phase right now where I really want to grow a vegetable garden, and if I feel brave enough, maybe throw a few herbs in there too. Given my history though, I'm more than a little apprehensive. I ordered this book and I'm spending all of my time reading about gardening. I don't think my backyard has enough sunlight for me to successfully grow anything, so I'm contemplating a plot at the community garden. Does anyone have gardening advice or tips or suggestions? I'm in need of all the help I can get. Some days I get so excited planning a garden, other days I look back on these pictures and wonder why I even bother trying to grow anything.
I may have a hard time keeping plants alive, but my dog is still alive and kicking! That gives me hope. :)
I may have a hard time keeping plants alive, but my dog is still alive and kicking! That gives me hope. :)


Read about the plants...make sure they get the water and sun that they need and not more or less and then fertilize them as suggested. They should grow just fine and dandy. Oh, and make sure they don't get too hot or cold...that'll kill 'em too. he he he
ReplyDeleteI too have a black thumb - remember?
ReplyDeletehttp://decembertwentieth.blogspot.com/2009/04/update-on-plant.html
Until I realized maybe I was just watering my plants too much! I guess I just always thought you had to water them every day (just like we drink every day, why wouldn't they have to?). But alas, that is certainly NOT the case. I have bought several plants in our marriage and all of them have died. Tyler calls me a plant killer and teases me about keeping the next one alive. Sad, huh?
So I have learned to search your plant on the internet and the top two things to keep in check are sunlight and water. As long as it is getting the right amount of both, you should be fine. My general rule is to keep the soil moist. Not wet, but moist. This usually involved watering it a couple of times a week (for my basil) or once every two weeks (for my in-house peace lily).
I'd definitely plant basil! It's the best thing to have in the summer and SO much cheaper to grow your own! ($4 for a few leaves at the grocery store vs. $4 for a home depot plant that just keeps on giving!) Good luck. :)
Did you get an A in the class?
ReplyDelete